In 1904, in the council chambers of the community of Serralunga, and in the presence of notary Giacomo Oddero and the young witness Alfred Prunotto, the co-operative winery known as "Ai Vini delle Langhe" ("Of the wines of Langhe") was founded. Amongst those who participated in the drawing up of the constitutional acts, there were individuals who left their mark on the story of Alba and the nearby communities of Langa and many small producers of the surrounding area.
The first harvest took place in 1905. This was followed by several difficult years which suffered from the instability in the economy, aggravated by the first world war. In 1922, when it was time to renew the co-operative winery, many members decided not to contribute their grapes anymore. Thus, although it was an exceptional year, the vintage was not very abundant.